What is the role of a Public Insurance Adjuster?
A Public Insurance Adjuster is a person who, for compensation, acts on behalf of or aids in any manner, an insured in negotiating for or effecting the settlement of a claim or claims for loss or damage under any policy of insurance covering real or personal property or any person who advertises, solicits business, or holds himself or herself out to the public as an adjuster of those claims and any person who, for compensation, investigates, for those losses on behalf of any public insurance adjuster. (statement from: Authorizing Act: Section 15007 of the California Insurance Code (CIC) reads, in part)
How do I qualify to be a Public Insurance Adjuster
If your asking this question your not alone. Sometimes, it might seem like the information is running you in circles and no one knows where you should start. The following, is organized so you can see if you qualify as a Public Insurance Adjuster and can complete the pre license online video class work to take the state exam for your public insurance adjuster license or if you need to meet a few other requirements first.
1. 18 years old.
2. California residency is not required.
3. Working with or under one of these entities: Individual, corporation, partnership, nonprofit corporation, unincorporated association, limited liability company.
4. Must have two years certified experience in the insurance adjusting field:
[2,000 hours of compensated time in the adjusting field is equal to one year of experience.)
Applicants who were licensed as an Apprentice Public Adjuster for 12 months can satisfy the two-year experience requirements.
(Note: An Apprentice Public Insurance Adjuster licensee is a person employed by a Public Insurance Adjuster for the purpose of training (12 month license-filing provided by your employer).]
5. Complete America’s Training Center Online video pre license course (study options)
Our printed book outlines all the qualifications, forms, details, etc. to get your Public Insurance Adjuster license.
6. Resident applicants must pass the qualifying license examination prepared and administered by the Department and complete a fingerprint and background check.
7. When you have met the above qualifications and passed the state exam you can then pay for your license with the California Department of Insurance.
America’s Training Center Online offers:
Package and/or a la carte
Public Insurance Adjuster Package [discounted package price $172.00]
PACKAGE VALUE $254.00
Pre license requirements
99% of students meeting our study criteria pass on the 1st Try!
Video Class (Pre license Online) [$39 value]
This is the Required class hours before taking the California State Exam.
Video Access: 90 days
• 20-30 minute videos & review quizzes to strength your knowledge of each section.
• Unlimited review during access
• Instant printable Certificate of Completion.
• All completed course credits are automatically sent to the California Department of Insurance.
• California accredited
Book Printed (Pre license) [$55 value]
• This book covers all Public Insurance Adjuster license objectives for California 2017.
• Qualifications of a Public Insurance Adjuster 2017
• Sample of Applicable Forms 2017
• Filing Requirements: Applications and Forms 2017
• Covers all State Exam Educational Objectives 2017
• Graphs, charts, and definitions
• Required pre license study material. Best when used with our Exam Practice (Prep) questions.
• We include shipping & tax. Your book is shipped priority mail with USPS.
Exam Practice (Exam Prep) with tutoring [$160 value]
Questions Access: 90 days – Double regular access!
• Unlimited review during access
• Topic structure helps determine your strength and weaknesses.
• Tutoring by phone & email
• Instant feedback online when you get a question wrong with details on the correct answer.